The research group aims to:
- deeper on fundamental software technologies, and in particular those related to speech processing and information retrieval;
- develop tools and prototypes for various applications, with emphasis on ambient intelligence environments and the Internet,
- In connection with the foregoing, the development of specific technologies for Basque and, finally,
- offer our experience to society, either in the form of diffusion-academic training, or in the form of technology transfer for development of commercial products.
> Our research activities can be grouped into three blocks:
- Study and development of speech technologies for different applications: automatic transcription, recognition and speaker verification, verification and recognition of the language, and so on.
- Study and development of technologies of information retrieval from automatic transcripts, and development of tools: Spoken search resources on the Internet, indexing and access to meetings, and so on.
- Integration of the previous technologies into software architectures that facilitate its implementation and reuse (web services, Ambient Intelligence environments, etc.).
> Two objectives now combine these three blocks of activity:
- development of information retrieval systems in multimedia resources (both from the Internet, as in specific resources: news programs, recordings of meetings, etc.) by means of Automatic Speech transcription, and
- systems for identification, validation and tracking of speakers in Ambient Intelligence environments.